The following dates are important to the property owner:
- January: County and Town Taxes are due by the end of the month.
- January/February: All exemption applications and/or renewals must be filed with the Assessor’s Office. Request for Assessment Review should also be filed at this time.
- March 1st: “Taxable Status Date” The last day to apply for exemptions and assessment review.
- May 1st: The tentative Assessment Roll is completed.
- 4th Wednesday in May: Grievance Day
- July 1st: The final Assessment Roll is completed.
- September: Taxes payable for the Horseheads and Elmira Heights School Districts.
- October: Taxes payable for the Corning and Elmira City School Districts.