Trees and Limbs

Who is responsible for trimming trees that overhang streets, block signs, or impair vision?

The Town performs tree maintenance within the Town road right-of-ways. Please report tree trimming issues to DPW.

Tree limbs have fallen off a tree in my back yard from a storm. Will the Town remove them?

The resident is responsible and can take the limbs to Black Gold, who may charge a fee.  You may contact them at 562-7026 for information.

Tree down in roadway?

The Highway Department is responsible for the removal of downed trees in the roadway during emergencies.

Please contact Laura at (607) 562-8443 x224 or [email protected] for tree removal.

Christmas Tree Collection?

Christmas Tree collection is another service provided by the Town during the holiday season.  To ensure your Christmas Tree is not missed, please place your tree by the roadside (not in the road) during the month of January, no later than 1/27/2017.  Tree must be bare; no tinsel, ornaments, lights, garland, nails, etc.