There are many good reasons to locate a business in the Town of Big Flats:
- Located within the Elmira Empire Zone
- Rural and suburban living with modern urban convenience
- There are many rural properties and small housing developments that provide modern, quality, living in a quiet private environment. There are large shopping centers like the Arnot Mall and Consumer Square.
- Customers come to you
- Consumers stream into Big Flats on a daily basis from Elmira, Corning, Watkins Glen, and Northern Pennsylvania. Big Flats is the largest regional retail area.
- Just off of Interstate 86
- Easy access to all points of the state by the Interstate Highway system.
- Close to Elmira-Corning Regional Airport
- Convenient access to a full-featured regional airport with nearby hotels with deluxe suites and meeting rooms for corporate training sessions and meetings.
- Several major corporations are located here
- Among the companies already located in Big Flats are: Corning Incorporated, Guthrie Medical Services, Sam’s Club, Lowes Building Supply, General Revenue Corporation, Imaging and Sensing Technology Corporation, and Hilton Hotels to name a few.
Airport Corporate Park & Corporate Park South
The 480 acre Airport Corporate Park and Corporate Park South is strategically located adjacent to the Elmira-Corning Regional Airport and on the North and South sides of Interstate-86 Exit 50 at Kahler Road.
The mixed-use park is zoned for general and professional offices, manufacturing, and ancillary uses. The park provides all necessary utilities, public water, sewer, telecommunications (DSL, Cable, Fiber), gas, electricity, and direct access onto Interstate-86.
Current park tenants include Provisions Modular Hardware, Imaging and Sensing Technologies, General Revenue Corp., Hunt Engineers, Corning Community College, and CeMeCon.
More information on these two development parks is available from Empire State Development at:
Major Employers in Big Flats
Looking for employment opportunities? Big Flats has several major employers in all fields from Engineering to Research Development to Manufacturing to Retail.
The building is now the Corning Innovation Support Center – a place where the manufacturing processes to make new Corning products are developed. The location provides a bridge for technology that is ready to move beyond development in the labs at Sullivan Park, but not yet ready to go into full-scale production in a factory setting. The Innovation Support Center can accommodate several manufacturing simulations simultaneously.
- Product or Service: Automation systems, process instrumentation machine and fabrication, CNC machining, Comax laser level measuring device
- Product or Service: Architects/Engineers/Surveyors
- Product or Service: GRC offers full-service collection programs tailored to the needs of education clients. With a client base that includes over 800 institutions, GRC is the largest college and university-focused collection agency in the country
- Product or service: Nuclear instrumentation; electrical penetrations, analytical light sources; radiation tolerant inspection cameras; high temperature cameras; hand-held gas monitors
- Product or service: They develop, produce and market instruments, implants and biomaterials for the surgical fixation, correction and regeneration of the human skeleton and its soft tissues.
- Product or Service: Talisman Energy explores to find and develop natural gas by:
- Leasing oil and gas rights on tracts of land
- Conducting seismic surveys to locate possible drilling sites
- Drilling wells and testing for economic viability
- Building gathering systems to tie productive wells to regional pipelines
- Operating the well to safely maximize production