Work Crews 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, M – F
Tel: (607) 562–8443
Fax: (607) 562–2176
Secretary of Public Works Laura Sullivan x224
Commissioner of Public Works Andy Avery x224
Deputy Comm. / Highway Spvr Chris Austin x226
Parks and Grounds Caretaker Tom Tokar x224
Mechanic Dan McInerney x452
Annual Brush Pick-up will begin 4/21/2014. Brush must be out no later than that day. Please call or email the office with your address to be added to the list.
1. Call or email to get on the list.
2. Brush pick-up program is for minor trimming of trees & shrubs around the resident’s home and is not for tree removal or the clearing of lots. Any material considered to be from lot clearing will not be picked up.
3. No leaves, grass clippings, lumber, or boards.
4. Stack brush neatly parallel to the curb/street, not in the roadway, with butt ends facing the same direction.
5. NO limbs larger than 6″ diameter.
6. REMOVE nails, wire, string, and rope.
7. All brush must be out and ready for pick-up by 4/21/2014. Once brush is removed from your area, the department will not return.
8. No stumps will be removed or collected. Please contact a private tree service for assistance if you have stumps requiring removal or pick-up.
The Public Works Department was created in January 2002.
DPW encompasses and coordinates the Highway, Parks and Drainage departments.
There are a total of 13 employees in the DPW.